High school of Law “Adilet” of Caspian Public University
University Cardiff, Law school, UK (LLM)
Commercial Law, M&A, Dispute Resolution, Regulatory Compliance.
Rakhat has over 10 years experience in top law firm with specialization in commercial law, M&A, dispute resolution and regulatory compliance. Rakhat has been advising major international and domestic companies on different legal matters. In addition, Rakhat has great background in litigation in relation to commercial disputes and disputes with governmental authorities.
Below there are some of Rakhat’s experience:
- Advising an international oil trader company on investment of a Kazakhstan oil and gas company for USD 250 mln;
- Setting up of joint venture between Dutch Geology Company and Kazakhstan Service Company with cooperation on Caspian offshore projects;
- Conducting legal due diligence of local oil and gas companies, chemical factories, manufacture, etc;
- Representing Uranium Company in courts of different levels in relation to environment damage (~KZT 500 mln.);
- Setting up consortium between Kazakhstani Service Companies and Asian Company on joint construction of oil and gas facility in Mangistau;
- Advising Arabian Holding Company on acquisition of local touristic company with further investment for amount of USD 1mln;
- Representing International Oil and Gas Company in courts with Ministry of Energy on fulfilment of contract terms;
- Advising UK based company on regulatory compliance issues in relation to oil and gas operations in Kazakhstan;
- Advising Kazakhstani Company on alienation of regional chain of medicine clinics to European Medicine Company, etc.